***Please note that ActiGraph currently does not support ANT+ Heart Rate Data Capture, and has moved to Bluetooth. If you're using our wGT3X-BT or GT9X Link devices with Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitors, please see this article.
What is it?
- Your ANT Heart Rate Strap is a device worn in proximity to the heart that gathers electrical activity data to derive your heart beats per minute and/or higher resolution R-to-R data when combined with a wGT3X+
How do I use it?
- Thoroughly wet both electrodes on the strap with water or electrode gel. It is important that the electrodes are sufficiently moist so that a good skin-to electrode connection is made.
- Snap one end of the Strap to one side of the Pod. Either end of the Strap can connect to either end of the Pod, but the Pod should have the logo facing up when in use.
- Wrap the Strap around your back and snap the free end to the free side of the Pod so that the Pod is located on your breastplate, just below your breasts. Adjust the Strap to create a snug, yet comfortable fit.
- Once in place, move within 5’ - 10’ of a wGT3X+ that has been configured to collect heart rate data. For more information see this thread.
It won't connect! What do I do?
- If you do not get a reading, or the readings are erroneous, ensure that the electrodes are wet, have good contact with your skin and the that your Heart Rate Sensor is sufficiently snug. Your Heart Rate Sensor ‘sleeps’ with inactivity and ‘awakens’ with good electrical contact. A brief physical warm up may be required.
How do I pair it with my wGT3X+?
- As of ActiLife version 6.5.0, the wGT3X+ will simply automatically pair with the first heart strap it detects. Support for pairing with a specific device will be added in a future version of ActiLife.
How do I change the battery?
- The battery is located behind a cover on the back of your Heart Rate Sensor Pod and can be replaced by placing a coin in the slot and turning the cover 1/4 turn counterclockwise. Replace with a 3 volt CR2032 battery.
If you need any further assistance, please go to our support portal at https://help.theactigraph.com/home. From here, you can view many helpful FAQ's and Troubleshooting Articles; log in to check any existing Support Requests; or create a new Support Ticket if you are unable to find a solution. You can also email us at email@example.com or give us a call at (877) 497-6996, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm CST.