By default, new device firmware updates are forced whenever an activity monitor is initialized in ActiLife. This setting can be seen in the Tools->Options menu as shown below.
Notice: ActiGraph highly recommends that this setting remain enabled by default. By disabling firmware updates, you will not receive regularly released patches which could greatly improve battery life performance and/or address outstanding bugs.
To disable firmware updates:
- Close ActiLife
- Navigate to %localappdata%\ActiGraph in Windows Explorer
- Navigate to the ActiLife.exe directory (if there are multiple ActiLife directories, navigate to the one that was modified most recently).
- Navigate to the latest version of ActiLife that you are using
- Make a copy of "user.config"
- Open the original "user.config" using Notepad and add the following setting:
<setting name="UpdateFirmwareOnInit" serializeAs="String">
- Save the "user.config" file with changes.
- Reopen ActiLife
- Verify Firmware Updates are turned off in the Options dialog
Note: Admin rights may be required to make this change.